A Community Tradition, celebrating our 40th year!
Shoppers enjoy a relaxing Saturday morning, visit with friends and neighbors and bring home some of the most luscious, fresh-picked fruits and vegetables your family has ever tasted. You will also find beautiful blooming plants, shrubs, cut flowers, cheeses, a variety of delicious baked goods and wonderful specialty foods.
The Northfield Farmers’ Market opened for the season on May 27, 2017 and will run through October 14, 2017, 21 weeks, rain or shine! The market, which is operated by the Winnetka-Northfield Chamber of Commerce, will run from 7:30 am to 12:30 pm every Saturday morning during the season at 6 Happ Road in Northfield.
Interested in becoming a vendor at the 2017 Northfield Farmers’ Market? Call Terry at the Winnetka-Northfield Chamber of Commerce to receive an application packet. Applications now being accepted. (847)-446-4451
Participants in the 2017 Northfield Farmers’ Market: 675 Design Co. (Kitchen & Baths, Design & Fine Cabinetry), Coach House Plants (specialty houseplants, decorative containers and flowers), The Cheese People (variety of cheese), Edward Jones (Financial Planning), Exact Blade (Knife and tool sharpening), Higher Purpose Gifts (Salsa), Hofherr Meat Co. (Meat), Klug Orchards (Fruit, Jams, Organic Vegetables), Living Hope Farm (Certified Naturally Grown Chicken and Produce All Grown From Seed On Our Farm), Marvalhaus (Olive Oil, olives), Chiro One (Chiropractor), Northfield Lions Club (Popcorn, soda water), Organic Bread Heaven (Gluten Free), Red’s Garden Center (Vegetables, flowers , sweet Corn, tomatoes, melons herbs, and hanging baskets), Steven Frank Farms (large variety of fruit and vegetables), Turks Greenhouse (seasonal outdoor plants, pumpkins). From week to week there will be other various vendors participating.
For more information about the Northfield Farmers’ Market contact the Winnetka-Northfield Chamber of Commerce:
firstname.lastname@example.org | 847-446-4451.
- May 27, Market Opening Day
- June 3, Document Shredding Day: Need any paper shredded? Bring it with you to the Northfield Farmers’ Market Saturday, June 3rd from 8:30 am-12:30pm. There is a limit of three containers (such as paper grocery bags or computer paper boxes) per vehicle per event. Paper will not be accepted for shredding with paper clips, metal binders, or any other metal or plastic. Thanks to the Northfield Township Road District for this FREE opportunity!
- June 24, Guest Chef: Sean Hofherr, Hofherr Meat Company, 11:00am-12:00pm
- July 8, Touch a Truck Day: Take a close-up look at big trucks from 10:00am-12:00pm while at the Northfield Farmers Market! Kids and adults alike will be able to touch and even climb aboard many super-sized vehicles in a safe environment.
- July 22, Lions Club Free Hearing Screening: The Illinois Lions Club Foundation Bus will be at the market from 8am-Noon conducting free hearing screenings.
- September 23, Harvest Fest & Not for Profit Day: The Winnetka-Northfield Chamber of Commerce will host a Harvest Fest on September 23, at the Northfield Farmers’ Market. Get ready for fall with pumpkins, fresh apples, vegetables, mums, cornstalks, and more. This family friendly event will feature children’s activities and food. All ages are encouraged to attend Harvest Fest, bring your kids and friends along because it is free. Along with Harvest Fest, the Northfield Farmers’ Market will host a Not-For-Profit Day. Participants will have information about their organizations as well as child-centered activities. If you are a non-profit and would like to attend, contact the Winnetka-Northfield Chamber of Commerce for details.
- At the Market: Weekly live music, visits by Northfield Police Department’s Officer Friendly, Motorcycle Patrol and SWAT Team.
- Guest chiefs will be appearing throughout the summer performing cooking demonstration. Not only will they be demonstrating various cooking techniques but will often use product that can be bought at the market that day.
The Market provides an excellent forum for us to partner with businesses and organizations. Market sponsorship is a great way to reach an attentive audience. If you are interested in joining this group as a 2017 Northfield Farmers’ Market Sponsor, please call the Chamber office at (847) 446-4451.
Click here for 2017 FM Sponsorship Opportunities
6 Happ Road, across from New Trier High School’s Northfield Campus
Every Saturday, rain or shine
Open May 27 to October 14, 2017
7:30 AM to 12:30 PM
How to get to the Market
The Market is accessible from the Edens Expressway (I-94/41) and the Tri-State Tollway (I-294).
Southbound on the Edens Expressway:
Exit on Tower Road. Turn left at the stop light and proceed south along Frontage Road. At the Willow Road stop light stay in the center lane and continue through the intersection. The Farmers Market is approximately one mile away, across from New Trier High School’s Northfield Campus.
Northbound on the Edens Expressway:
Exit Willow Road West ramp and turn left at the stop light (intersection of Willow and Happ Roads). Proceed south for approximately one mile to the Farmers Market.
We are one block past Winnetka Road across from New Trier High School’s Northfield Campus.
Exit on Willow Road East and proceed east for approximately 5 miles to the intersection of Willow and Happ Roads (just past the Dominicks).
Turn right at this intersection and proceed south approximately one mile to the Farmers Market. We are one block past Winnetka Road.