The 2017 Northfield Farmers’ Market
A Community Tradition, celebrating our 40th year!
Shoppers enjoy a relaxing Saturday morning, visit with friends and neighbors and bring home some of the most luscious, fresh-picked fruits and vegetables your family has ever tasted. You will also find beautiful blooming plants, shrubs, cut flowers, cheeses, a variety of delicious baked goods and wonderful specialty foods.
The Northfield Farmers’ Market opens for the season on May 27, 2017 and will run through October 14, 2017, 21 weeks, rain or shine! The market, which is operated by the Winnetka-Northfield Chamber of Commerce, will run from 7:30 am to 12:30 pm every Saturday morning during the season at 6 Happ Road in Northfield.
Interested in becoming a vendor at the 2017 Northfield Farmers’ Market? Call Terry at the Winnetka-Northfield Chamber of Commerce to receive an application packet. Applications now being accepted. (847)-446-4451
Full time Participants in the 2016 Northfield Farmers’ Market were: 3D Falafel, Apple Holler, Bruce’s Hot Dogs, CB Custom Bake Shop, Curt’s Cafe, Exact Blade, Hero’s Hemp, Marche Provence, Hofherr Meat Co, Klug Orchards, North Wichert Gardens, Northfield Lion’s Club, Red’s Garden Center, Sherwood North Nursery, Six Generations Farmin’ Local, Steven Frank Farms, The Cheese People, Twin Garden Farms, Turk’s Greenhouses and Zia Barbara Pasta Sauces. From week to week there will be other various vendors participating.
For more information about the Northfield Farmers’ Market
contact the Winnetka-Northfield Chamber of Commerce:
firstname.lastname@example.org | 847-446-4451.
- May 27, Market Opening Day
- June 3, Document Shredding Day: Need any paper shredded? Bring it with you to the Northfield Farmers’ Market Saturday, June 3rd from 8:30 am-12:30pm. There is a limit of three containers (such as paper grocery bags or computer paper boxes) per vehicle per event. Paper will not be accepted for shredding with paper clips, metal binders, or any other metal or plastic. Thanks to the Northfield Township Road District for this FREE opportunity!
- June 24, Guest Chef: Sean Hofherr, Hofherr Meat Company, 11:00am-12:00pm
- July 8, Touch a Truck Day: Take a close-up look at big trucks from 10:00am-12:00pm while at the Northfield Farmers Market! Kids and adults alike will be able to touch and even climb aboard many super-sized vehicles in a safe environment.
- July 22, Lions Club Free Diabetic Retinopathy Screenings: The Illinois Lions Club Foundation Bus will be at the market conducting free diabetic retinopathy screenings.
- August 19, Corn Roast: sponsored by the Winnetka-Northfield Chamber of Commerce and SUNSET FOODS. ALL Proceeds benefit the Northfield Township Food Pantry.
- September 23, Harvest Fest: pumpkins, fresh apples, vegetables, mums, cornstalks and more. Local not-for-profit organizations will feature child centered activities.
- At the Market: Weekly live music, visits by Northfield Police Department’s Officer Friendly, Motorcycle Patrol and SWAT Team.
- Guest chiefs will be appearing throughout the summer performing cooking demonstration. Not only will they be demonstrating various cooking techniques but will often use product that can be bought at the market that day.
2017 Northfield Farmers’ Market Sponsors
- 675 Designs, Inc.
- Extra Space Storage–Northfield
- First Bank & Trust Winnetka
- Hofherr Meat Company
- John Q. Cook MD/Whole Beauty Institute
- Northfield Park District
- Northfield Plumbing
- Northview Bank & Trust
- Raynor Door Company
- Village of Northfield
The Market provides an excellent forum for us to partner with businesses and organizations. Market sponsorship is a great way to reach an attentive audience. If you are interested in joining this group as a 2017 Northfield Farmers’ Market Sponsor, please call the Chamber office at (847) 446-4451
Click here for 2017 FM Sponsorship Opportunities
6 Happ Road, across from New Trier High School’s Northfield Campus
Every Saturday, rain or shine
Open May 27 to October 14, 2017
7:30 AM to 12:30 PM
How to get to the Market
The Market is accessible from the Edens Expressway (I-94/41) and the Tri-State Tollway (I-294).
Southbound on the Edens Expressway:
Exit on Tower Road. Turn left at the stop light and proceed south along Frontage Road. At the Willow Road stop light stay in the center lane and continue through the intersection. The Farmers Market is approximately one mile away, across from New Trier High School’s Northfield Campus.
Northbound on the Edens Expressway:
Exit Willow Road West ramp and turn left at the stop light (intersection of Willow and Happ Roads). Proceed south for approximately one mile to the Farmers Market.
We are one block past Winnetka Road across from New Trier High School’s Northfield Campus.
Exit on Willow Road East and proceed east for approximately 5 miles to the intersection of Willow and Happ Roads (just past the Dominicks).
Turn right at this intersection and proceed south approximately one mile to the Farmers Market. We are one block past Winnetka Road.