Here you will find ways to help our local community by supporting local businesses and/or volunteering your time and expertise, and/or by making donations. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have suggestions for additions.
Support local restaurants
and local hospitals at the same time with Give In Kind Food Delivery
Give In Kind is a website that enables residents to purchase meals from local restaurants and have them delivered to local area hospitals.
Click here for the Chicago Area Hospitals page: Local Area Hospitals on Give In Kind
OR: Go to www.giveinkind.com and sign up for an account. Search hospitals, then refine to IL and Coronavirus and it lists all the hospitals and their needs.
Also check out the Local Area FB Page: Give In Kind Meals for Local Area Hospital Staff FB Page
Pick a hospital, Pick a time slot/meal and then deliver that meal to them following their instructions for the timeslot you picked.
Order from your local restaurant to deliver themselves, passing on the detailed delivery instructions to their delivery driver, or pick up the delivery yourself and deliver to the hospital per instructions. (note if you use Uber Eats or Doordash etc. you will be charged an additional fee.)
Number of meals range from around 10 to 35. They cannot be homemade, and they must all be boxed individually. (No family style trays.)
Local Restaurants can submit their information on the give in kind site here: https://create.giveinkind.com/local-business-submissions
Also submit your restaurant to the FB group here Google Form for Restaurant Submission to FB group.
Currently Participating Restaurants:
Winnetka Cares: If You Want to Help or Need Help, Community Organizations Offer Options
If you would like to assist those in need in our community, or need help yourself, here’s how:
- New Trier Township is keeping its Facebook up-to-date with community needs and a Google Doc matching neighbors who need help with neighbors who can help.
- Winnetka Congregational Church is offering a matching program, as well.
- Nextdoor has posted a help map, where you can let neighbors know you’re available to help with essential needs.
- The Volunteer Center has a list of needs present in our surrounding communities.
- The State of Illinois is keeping a list of volunteer opportunities.
- The United Way’s COVID-19 response fund is collecting to support individuals, families, and communities impacted by this crisis.
Want to add your organization’s information? Email us details and we’ll keep the community posted.
- PDI disinfectant wipes
- Surgical masks
- N95 masks
- Sterile, cotton-tipped swabs (specifically BD#220531)
- M3 reusable masks + N100 cartridges
- Gowns/bunny suits
- Hand sanitizer